Ram Palaniappan is the President and founder of Activehours, a technology company with 46 employees that enables its 200,000 users to access their paychecks on a daily basis. Unlike payday loans and pre-paid visa cards, Activehours does not charge users a fee, but rather asks that they tip based on what they feel is fair.
During our sit down with Ram at his offices in Palo Alto, we discussed:
– Where he was before starting the company
– How he came up with the idea for Activehours
– How he validated that his idea could become a company
– The transition process of leaving his job to pursue the launch of Activehours
– How artificial intelligence processes can empower everyday people
– Life hacks that he uses to achieve company goals, as well as personal goals at a faster rate
– Where he sees the future of financial technology
Don’t forget to subscribe to our podcast on iTunes and leave a review!